Congratulations on the adoption of your very cute, very energetic new puppy, we are sure you and your new puppy will have a lifetime of fun together. One of the first things you will want to do is set an appointment with your Boca Raton veterinarian for a series of vaccinations and wellness checkup. And even though your puppy might be showing no signs of any ailments, it is a good idea to have them checked out anyway. Puppies are prone to urinary tract infections, ear infections and have a bad habit of eating things they shouldn’t. Here are a few signs that indicate a trip to the veterinary clinic is in order:
- Diarrhea or Vomiting- These are unpleasant problems that, as a pet owner, you will have to deal with from time to time. But if the problem persists and becomes chronic, then it is time to pay us a visit. If your puppy is throwing up and has diarrhea at the same time, get them to our vet clinic as soon as possible.
- No Appetite- Puppies love to eat and refusing a meal is cause for concern.
- Drinking a Lot of Water- Consuming a huge amount of water is a sign that something could be wrong, bring your puppy in for an examination.
- Oozing Eyes- Oozing eyes could be a sign of an injury or infection.
- Sad Puppy- A usually happy puppy who suddenly becomes sad or irritable could be a puppy in pain and should be seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible.
Raising your new puppy will be a rewarding experience, especially if you are teamed with a good vet.